With Android 5.1, Google introduced Device Protection to prevent unauthorized use of you device. This feature makes it difficult for anyone to data wipe, reset and re-use your device without access to your Google Account credentials.
Device Protection is available only on devices running Android 5.1 or higher that came preinstalled with Android 5.0 or higher. Such as Nexus 6, Nexus 9, LG G3, LG G4, Samsung Galaxy S6 etc.
When you decide to sell your device through uSell, or any other service, you should make sure you remove this feature from your phone.
To remove this feature all you have to do is remove your Google Accounts from your phone.
- Open the Settings menu on your phone
- Find the Accounts option
- Under Accounts, select Google
- You will now see a list of Google emails that are linked to your device. Select the first account
- You will now see Sync Settings for the selected account. Select the Menu ().
- Now select Remove Account
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 till all Google Accounts have been removed from your device. Remember, removing an account does not delete any data from your Google Account, your device will simply stop syncing data